Tuesday, June 03, 2008

deserted.

This story is extremely disturbing to me...so cowardly to abandon your animals. If you can help these two contact the number below. This is URGENT. Don't let their fate become a shelter with all they have been through.
______________________________________________

________________________________________________________
Posted on Ashley and Hobie dog rescue forum
I am sending you pictures of the two dogs I emailed you about. I have just a couple of weeks to try and find them homes. The family's home is in the final foreclosure stage and they will be taken to a Kill shelter. As I said before they are wonderful and gentle with the family's five children ages 4 to 13, and when I have been around these dogs they are very sweet. There are also two very small dogs in the household and they run around the yard with the big dogs. Honda is the Reddish Brown and white Male, appx 3- 4 years old. When this family found him he had been abandoned, possibly hit by a car because he was injured and still has a bad rear leg. He was pretty tired and worn out when he arrived 2 1/2 years ago. The big yellow dog is Bear and the family got him last year as a little puppy being given away at Stater Brothers. He is really big but is a gentle giant. There are both males but get along without any aggression or fighting. They probably have no training but the mother informed me today that her 13 yr old son has taught Bear to sit, lay and shake.

I also got some disturbing new from the owner today to confided in me that her husband dumped Honda and another older dog they had way out in the Desert a month or so ago. The older dog never came back, but Honda came back home about 2 weeks later, worn, thin and bleeding paws. She couldn't believe he found his way home. Needless to say I was extremely upset when I heard this. Honda has not had very good luck with Humans and still he is a sweeheart. Bear is still a puppy at heart regardless of his huge size and when I petted them through the fence of their little pen they jumped up and down and licked me softly. Please send this out to anyone to may be interested in giving one or both a forever home. If anyone has questions about them please have them email me. These guys are running out of time.

Thanks for your help, Pat Bonham 760-265-9595

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the third case of foreclosure pets i've heard this week! this is so depressing.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Nini said...

What is more disgusting, more cowardly, more utterly heartless than dumping your faithful dogs in the desert, hoping they will die and you won't have to deal with taking them to the shelter...

Hearing more and more stories about how some people treat their pets, makes me want to buy a cabin in the forest and live in a no-human-allowed zone. Seriously.

I hope someone there will be able to help...

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home