Thursday, November 29, 2007

hoarding reality.

*************
Stop Cindy Bemis
(photos are graphic)
*****
This situation just makes me physically sick. We went to Baldwin park months and months ago to network some dogs. When we got there, we realized there were 100 seized dogs from the Hoarder Cindy Bemis, whom has been charged with hoarding before. The conditions of these animals made me sick already deprived from medical care, food, and proper attention these animals for 18 months now have had to endure sleeping on the cold, wet floor in the small cages of the shelter. I immediately fell in love with this great dane girl, she broke my heart. I felt so helpless, because there was nothing we could do. This lady is fighting to get these dogs back, even though she has been caught doing this before.
Here are a couple photos I took of my dane girl. I think of her often. It is images like these that make me press forward, knowing that the sacrifice made now will be worth the reward later. Having a place where sad souls like this dane can come and get better to then find a home where they will be loved forever. That image makes this all worth while.

***********


****************
We felt so bad for these huge dogs being cold we collected blankets from such generous people. The staff was so greatful that people cared about these forgotten dogs. To be stuck in a cage for 2 years. no love. no exercise, no sun. it just isn't fair.

********

**************************************************************************
ps. off subject...

Does anyone watch the show Weeds? Our fabulous rescue partner Jf was on that show and I missed it. I do have to say, everyone will have to watch Petfinder on the Animal Planet, both Nikki , Jf and Sonya were on it, I can't wait to see it, although...arg! I don't have cable.

love and licks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nini said...

This makes me physically sick. How insane can you possibly be to keep dogs in such horrendous conditions and still think you are doing them a service?? How warped can the human mind possibly get?!

Is there anything we can do as individuals to prevent this lady from being able to rescue any further dogs in the future?

5:39 PM  
Blogger lehowl.com said...

I honestly don't know. she somehow gets around the legal system. I hope this time she doesn't. She just can't get these dogs back.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home