Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.

( photos by nikki)


It is only noon and i feel like so much has been accomplished. I was up until 4am, just restless in thought about the dogs. So early this morning i took in the muffins and it worked. Don Paul helped me for an hour and the best part is... (drum roll please) my little dog that was listed with caution for biting. Is actually not a biter at all. He was starving to death, literally. Don Paul made him a big batch of dry and wet food and the lil' guy became his best friend, he would not! leave us alone. I was really frustrated yesterday, today everything is going to be ok. The puppy will be ok, i will find him a home. it has to be soon, he is getting sick in the kennel. but at least they took a new picture , one that lil' guy doesn't look so scared in. yeah!! so i got the 2 dogs held off the death list until sunday.

also good news... the wolf is getting out today!

I went to the vet to visit our two sickly ones. They are doing so much better. again, my lil' edi was starving to death. i would act the same way if i didn't eat. All these dogs need is a little food and love and everything will be ok. They both ate the chicken and bacon from my hand. i feel relieved. it just makes me sad for all the other starving, sick ones still in the shelter, But i guess it is one day at a time and we are doing everything we can.


I think i need to listen more to my gut. I had a feeling my dogs weren't aggressive. sometimes you don't know, but most of the time you do. Like on Cesar's blog, dogs are not aggressive there is always a reason for their behavior. It just takes someone listening and figureing out what it is. We all have that little hunch inside, but most of us are so clouded with noises outside ourselves, that we stopped listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home