Saturday, August 02, 2008

This is what is allowed.

I have been debating whether I should try to go vegan again here in this new place. There are only two grocery stores and things are expensive. I went vegan once for 2 months in L.A. I would not touch anything with dairy, meat, etc...so all I ended up eating was tomato sandwiches for 2 months. So I went back to eating cheese, not that makes all the difference, but after watching this video it does make all the difference. We forget. We live in denial and don't want to educate ourselves about what goes on in our world, what we eat, how we live. Cows and horses are two of my most favourite animals of course under my canine friends, to see this treatment...once again left me in tears for another night. Disguisting. So once again, back to my vegan cookbooks, I feel this is right. I don't want to be apart of animal cruelty, because what people don't understand is that even milk and cheese...the female has to remain pregnant to produce the milk. The calves that they produce usually aren't healthy enough, because even the mom is under-nourished, so the babies are tossed aside to die a horrible death. Education is the key. Know what you are eating.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home