Sunday, August 17, 2008

Run Free Captain Kirk


________________________________
My friend Captain Kirk passed away. My heart hurts. Working in rescue I still never could embrace death; I still cry as much as ever. Nikki was always better at that, knowing the animal ended his/her years better than what he/she began. She said that it mattered more than anything, knowing that the animal went out with love. Captain Kirk, I know was loved immensely. I know that endings will come just as beginnings do, yet still...I don't know if I will ever handle it well. It makes me think of my own dogs mortality. I keep telling them they have to live forever. I need them too.
Yet, one more has passed and I know he is in a better place, where he can run free like he never could before because of neurological issues. We will miss you dearly.
___________________________

__________________________

_____________________________________
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.
Mary Frye
_________________________________

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

He no longer feels pain and runs free.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home